Raptavio's Rule of Rhetoric: "Everything before the 'but' is bullshit."
"I'm not racist, but..."
"I'm sorry, but..."
"I hear what you're saying, but..."
DOB: May 24, 1971
Location: Rosemount, MN, USA
Occupation: Principal Web Applications Developer
Diaries published: 67 (25 days since last diary on Tue Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 AM PDT)
Comments posted: 28529 (0 days since last comment on Fri May 22, 2015 at 05:20 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: often
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 2122
Total Comment Ratings: 30894
Most Recommended Diary: Why do you care what someone else believes in?, 798 comments, 423 recommends
People Following raptavio: 102
raptavio's Most Frequent Tags:
raptavio's Most Recent Diaries:
This is a must-read from Awesomely Luvvie (Luvvie Ajayi) from last December about the very predictable response that can be expected when there's an egregious example of injustice, violence, ...by raptavio
40 comments on Tue Apr 28, 2015 at 08:28 AM PDT with 31 Recommends
This will be an image-heavy diary. I'm still working on the videos (they came through rotated wrong) and I do have one incident on video of the police grabbing a black man and yanking him into their ...by raptavio
49 comments on Sat Dec 20, 2014 at 07:54 PM PST with 68 Recommends
It's a quarter past one, 45 minutes before the scheduled start of the #BlackLivesMatter protest here at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. So far, a few badly disguised plainclothes ...by raptavio
122 comments on Sat Dec 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM PST with 65 Recommends
Brief update on earlier diaries: Neighborhoods Organizing for Change wants to make a event out of the delivery of the #pointergate petitions, so navajo and I have agreed to delay delivery to give ...by raptavio
3 comments on Sun Nov 23, 2014 at 03:16 PM PST with 7 Recommends
Monday, November 24, at 5pm, [UPDATE] Delivery Delayed by Neighborhoods Organizing for Change to have more of their team attend. I will be delivering a petition ...by raptavio
28 comments on Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 05:39 PM PST with 72 Recommends
Daily Kos Director of Community Building navajo has asked me to deliver 37,015 signatures on a petition ...by raptavio
13 comments on Tue Nov 18, 2014 at 03:18 PM PST with 25 Recommends
Recommended by raptavio
- Perhaps in light of his own actions, Governor Bobby Jindal should have said, “I am lecturing you and not listening to you. I’m bypassing the state legislature, and ignoring the people. If I ...4 comments 6 Recs
- I Got The News Today (IGTNT) is one of the oldest continuous series on Daily Kos. It is a way for our community to pay respect to those who have died as a result of war. The beautiful logo was ...42 comments 36 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby has announced that a grand jury has returned indictments for ...110 comments 54 Recs
- Alesia Thomas "I'm going to punt you in your pussy." These were the words of LAPD Officer Mary O'Callaghan to Alesia Thomas. Handcuffed with her legs restrained, Alesia can be seen getting punched ...83 comments 181 Recs
- Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...836 comments 429 Recs
- Need a bit of inspiration this morning? I've got just the story for you. On Tuesday, two men showed up on a street corner in Tillamook, Oregon, with signs reading "Homo sex is sin" and "Jesus said ...107 comments 398 Recs
- Captain Daniel Johnson has been arrested after being formally charged with sexually assaulting at least nine different ...81 comments 178 Recs
- Unexpectedly, my last name and juror number are called in the very first pool, within an hour of arrival in the early morning. I follow a circuitous, winding, frequently halting course from room to ...42 comments 5 Recs
- This is worth the 155 seconds it takes to watch, if for no other reason than it will bring a smile to your face. A friend once told me that the secret of Monty Python's success was that the ...137 comments 222 Recs
- Recently obtained documents from the Cleveland Police Department, displayed below, show that Tamir Rice was going to be charged with the outrageous crimes of "aggravated menacing" and "inducing ...482 comments 235 Recs
- No current results.