Brown Thrasher's Profile
Roughly 12 in. in length. Rufous on top, dark streaks below, curved bill, yellow eyes. Calls can combine any of 2000 distinct musical phrases.
Real Name: Toxostoma rufum
Gender: The sexes have identical markings.
Location: Ranges across eastern North America.
Occupation: Territorial. Often reclusive. Forages near shrubs on the edges of woods, typically by turning over leaves or digging.
Groups: Louisiana Kossacks, Cranky Users, Readers and Book Lovers, PWB Peeps, An Ear for Music, The Amateur Left, Trolls, TexKos-Messing with Texas with Nothing but Love for Texans, Protest Music, Progressive Friends of the Library Newsletter, DKOMA, Daily Kos Gamers, Political Language and Messaging, Logic and Rhetoric at Daily Kos, New Orleans Nation
Hobbies: Enjoys hard corn kernals, black-oil sunflower seeds, & backyard water elements.
Diaries published: 44 (10 days since last diary on Tue May 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM PDT)
Comments posted: 5666 (0 days since last comment on Fri May 29, 2015 at 11:36 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: often
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 1529
Total Comment Ratings: 668
Most Recommended Diary: Bundle or Nothing: Big Telecoms ENDING Universal Phone Service, 306 comments, 340 recommends
People Following Brown Thrasher: 84
Brown Thrasher's Most Frequent Tags:
Brown Thrasher's Most Recent Diaries:
So much for Mitch McConnell's "robust amendment process". After the Senate debating only 2 amendments thus far (& possibly 2 more Wednesday), McConnell has already filed plans to invoke cloture to ...by Brown Thrasher
8 comments on Tue May 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM PDT with 29 Recommends
Despite Tuesday's cloture-block, the Senate will be voting on Fast Track *again* on Thursday. Apparently (according to Roll Call , The Hill , & Politico ), several Democrats are caving on their ...by Brown Thrasher
43 comments on Wed May 13, 2015 at 07:36 PM PDT with 65 Recommends
At the end of Rachel Maddow's discussion about President Obama's interview with Chris Matthews, she announced that the House was going to have its vote on Fast Track *tomorrow.* This is the first I'...by Brown Thrasher
8 comments on Tue Apr 21, 2015 at 08:33 PM PDT with 40 Recommends
Here we go again — AGAIN. Back for another round after repeated pummelings, the latest incarnation of this hideous, privacy-destroying give-away to the NSA has lurched its way out of committee, ...by Brown Thrasher
2 comments on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 07:37 PM PDT with 10 Recommends
A new wave of CISPA look-alike bills are now making their way through the House Intelligence Committee. Besides a literal new CISPA by Mike Rogers & Dutch Ruppersberger themselves (apparently called "by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Tue May 06, 2014 at 05:57 PM PDT with 6 Recommends
Amid all of the loudly-trumpeted political news of the day, don't feel too bad if you haven't heard about this one yet — Mike Rogers has gone out of his way to sneak CISPA onto the floor as ...by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 08:00 PM PDT with 34 Recommends
Recommended by Brown Thrasher
- Are you ready for hurricane season? Monday is June 1 (how'd that happen?) and the start of hurricane season in the Atlantic basin. It's only May and we've already seen one tropical storm-- Ana ...61 comments 190 Recs
- As Fast Track Authority for #TPP is set to hit the House floor next week, Democratic Presidential Primary candidate Hillary Clinton remains silent on organized labors biggest trade fight in a ...66 comments 19 Recs
- I meant to write this up a couple of weeks ago when Elizabeth Warren released a report called, "Broken Promises: Decades of Failure to Enforce Labor Standards in Free Trade Agreements" but, well, ...29 comments 31 Recs
- I'm a Tom Joad democrat, a prison reform democrat, an anti-poverty democrat and a pro-justice democrat - so the party left me a long time ago...and they never looked back as they went chasing after ...621 comments 573 Recs
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Intellectual Property Rights Chapter released to WikiLeaks late last year contains a Trade Secrets section that allows for the criminalization of investigative ...55 comments 150 Recs
- Today, Battleground Texas' Legal Director Mimi Marziani sent a letter formally notifying Texas Secretary of State Carlos H. Cascos that Battleground Texas is prepared to file a lawsuit if the ...37 comments 175 Recs
- If the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement will, if implemented, and as I've argued elsewhere, result in the death of national and state sovereignty, constitutional separation of powers, and ...15 comments 7 Recs
- So, on May 22, the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) (“Fast Track”) Bill passed the Senate 62 – 37, with 14 Democrats defecting to the pro-Fast TracK/Trade-Pacific Partnership (TPP) forces. ...3 comments 7 Recs
- There's too much heat in the oceans. Way too much heat. Hot water has surged across the equator in the Pacific and a deep pool of very hot water is building off of Mexico's west coast. Tropical ...171 comments 385 Recs
- Oh, seriously. Democrats are whining about, heaven forbid, a bit of pressure from unions to actually vote correctly on fast track and the Trans Pacific Partnership. Grow up--and if you can't cast a ...155 comments 269 Recs
Brown Thrasher's Tags
- No current results.
Brown Thrasher's Blogroll
- No current results.